Monday, February 7, 2011

Wuthering Heights(1992) - Beautiful Adaptation Of The Much Loved Book....

Having read the book when I was in 4th Grade I had to really wait a long time to watch the movie adaption of this much loved book across the globe and what I have gathered is that this one is by far the best adaptation.

The movie is as fascinating as the book portraying the love beyond pain, beyond place, beyond reason something which is really difficult to fathom.This is a very unlikely story about a union of two souls separated by society and circumstance, yet bonded so completely that even death could not stop them from uniting something which is definitely not even remotely heard about these days.

The lines 'I cannot live without my life. I cannot live without my soul' kept ringing in my mind such was love those times not a matter of convenience and comfort like the times of today...

Both Juliette Binoche as Cathy and Ralph Fiennes as Heathcliff are completely outstanding and give these characters that extra edge they leave you spellbound with their performances.

Apart from the performances what stands out is the cinematography of this movie as well as the music and the locations are absolutely gorgeous.

Grab the DVD of this at the earliest...don't miss this one please.

No comments:

Post a Comment