Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dinner for Schmucks - Must say Bheja Fry was brilliant...yes this has its share of chuckles...but does not rock like Bheja Fry

The original french movie "Le diner de con" from which this one and Bheja Fry is inspired I am sure was hilarious as I am yet to see that one but from the adapted versions I have seen this far Bheja Fry takes the cake and Dinner for Schmucks is nowhere close to Bheja Fry in terms of humor and characterization and acting.

Yes this movie has its share of chuckles but thats about it I remember watching Bheja Fry in April 2007 and just could not control my non stop laughter so in terms of that kind of humor this one definitely falls short big time and in terms of performance Steve Carell and Paul Rudd were good for sure but in no length can match up to the caliber of Rajat Kapoor and Vinay Pathak.And yes Zach Galifianakis was no way even closer to what Ranveer Sheorey did.

For once I can say the desi version was million times better this Hollywood version ;)

I would say 'The Hangover' or 'Due Date' was more hilarious for sure.

I won't say its bad but not great for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment