Sunday, January 16, 2011

Turning 30 - New Age Hinglish Chick Flick



I would categorize this under the Hinglish movies and not Hindi movie for sure as you will get to hear more and more of English and very less of Hindi in terms of dialogues so yes the small towns of India might not relate to the subject and the content of this movie much but the metros and bigger cities in India can connect to this one big time I could one for sure sorry to differentiate this way but its true.

Yes people from small town after migrating to bigger cities definitely do very well but the fact still remains that the small towns in India be it any state are mostly bothered about pushing girls to get married before 25 forget about 30 and not that people in bigger cities are not this way.

Me being 30 plus and single can tell you for sure the kind of comments I get to hear from my colleagues/so called friends/relatives/family friends,neighbors some of these people behave as if they are funding my existence though for all you know they might be having the most screwed up marriages in their lives be it their own or their perfect children who found the so called right catch in the well defined right time and being in Bangalore and in a job why am I not able to catch the right guy yuck how I hate to hear these filthy statements but with time passing by I have realized these people are not really my well wishers and somewhere get sadistic pleasure in seeing me upset or worried so now I give a damn :)

And yes there is this horrible relative of mine who thinks my stars are all bad and I should marry a tree first to get over these otherwise problem hahahahaha ;)

And I know these same set of people will criticize me to the core whenever I decide to take the plunge so I have decided I will take the plunge then inform these kind of people knowing the kind of well wishers they are of mine.

Oh yes the most heard lines -now you can't be choosy... what the hell man this is one I will chose and only time I will chose so If i am labeled choosy be it :)

Coming back to the movie I could relate to this movie quite a bit and enjoyed it completely the sheer pain of break up of long relationship,losing your job because your boss is a complete jerk these are few things in life we all do experience at some point or the other nah i am not drawing parallels from the people who have perfect lives but people who have normal life with its share of ups and downs who have experienced both tears of joy and pain in equal measures..

I loved the natural performances by all the actors Gul Panag of course is superb so is Purab Kohli and Sid Makar.. The two friends - portrayed by Tillotama Shome [as Malini] and Jeneva Talwar [as Ruksana] - are perfect.

Enjoyable movie a good fun chick flick by a lady director herself - Alankrita Srivastava.

Go for it girls this movie is about us for us made by one of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment