Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Color Purple - Steven Spielberg's unforgettable classic

Based on Alice Walker's Pulitzer Prize winning Story this movie is one of those lesser heard movies but wow what a movie.

Steven Spielberg sure did come up with a winner of a movie with this one not very popular though I guess but I guess true gems in real life are always hidden as we always like the glam sham of the artificial world.

Like life this movie has equal share of happiness and sadness so people looking out feel good light movies should stay away from this one but if you are someone who appreciates good cinema I can guarantee you this will remain etched in your minds for the years to come and will inspire you for sure,if you are strong willed no matter what you will surely emerge as the winner yes there will be a struggle of course but the end result is something .

Like most of Steven Spielberg's movies there were no special effects, no swashbuckling, just brilliant story-telling based on a literary classic but what a powerful movie I am super bowled glad I came up with this one while looking out for movies starring Oprah Winfrey.This was Steven Spielberg's first foray into serious powerful cinema before his empire of the sun and schindlers list

The depth in the story is enormous each time I saw Whoopi Goldberg tortured in the movie I just wanted to go and kill the person who was playing her husbands role.Whoopi Goldberg is just out of the world.

Oprah Winfrey too shines out in a brief but powerful role.

I am so glad I was not born when this world was a male dominated one by torturous men I salute those women who stood up against them and paved way for us.Thank you.

This is an unforgettable which should not be missed.Recommended .

No comments:

Post a Comment