Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blue Valentine - Heartbreaking

I solely wanted to watch this movie as a part of Oscar mania yes this movie is not nominated but the actress Michelle Williams is nominated under Best Actress category not sure though whether she truly deserved it but yes she did play her part really well as the sad person torn between love and responsibilities towards life.

This movie is about a married couple, showing their evolution and also depleting feelings towards each other over a span of years by cross-cutting between time periods, so every time the movie goes to this flashback which initially I did find difficult to follow but then I did manage to get the grip of the story and found it sad,depressing and heartbreaking to the extent that I started wondering why people ever take the decision of getting for all the wrong reasons possible under the sun and the aftermath of union only causes hurt and pain to all around so what is the point?

Let me be honest and tell you upfront this is no feel good movie but a movie which kind of introspects the reasons of how and why relationships fail.

Both Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams has given brilliant performances I think the void in Michelle's life due to loss of Heath Ledger is quite obvious I am sure she is still missing him badly.

I will never watch this movie again no its not boring but leaves a very sad feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment