Tuesday, January 25, 2011

127 Hours -About the fantastic human spirit we all have and Danny Boyle is no fluke :)

This movie depicts the true incident of Aron Ralston played by James Franco here, a mountain climber and canyoneer who is a bit arrogant and reckless and whose arm gets crushed under a boulder during a trip through Utah canyon country. With no help coming from anywhere to save him, he must decide whether he will die or fight for survival and boy does he survive I guess it is our lives situations and circumstances which brings out the best and worst among us and then it makes us sit and wonder what passed by.

With an interesting title that of 127 hours and Danny Boyle's next venture after his much celebrated 'Slumdog Millionaire' had created curiosity enough withing me to watch this movie.

I had a fair idea its going to be about winning ultimately had got that idea from the posters and promos and it was indeed an amazing experience watching this movie from a simple hike in the Great Canyon area this one takes a solid twist when Aron gets stuck among the rocks and the struggle that he undergoes and finally comes out triumph is sheer brilliant and nothing short of an emotional experience just watching it.

Not for a moment my mind stopped imagining what I would have done if I was to face a situation of the same sort someday in my life knowing me I know I wouldn't give up yes I might get panicked initially and probably cry my heart out and then will have to keep my mind calm and work out all possibilities of survival and emerging as winner,I am sure there would be moments when I would feel I am so close to my goal and yet realise that its just a mirage and many failures and strong mind I am sure can help me out like it did to Aron.His experience is completely awe inspiring and something I am sure will remain etched in my mind always.

Full marks to James Franco for delivering such an awesome,heart touching performance its not a joke to just talk to oneself and still keep the audience glued to his acting, I always thought he was cute but in this one he has proved his acting power too.

I think this movie is better and much much better than Slumdog Millionaire but not sure how many awards this one would bag.

I really think 'Slumdog Millionaire' was definitely not Danny Boyle's best movie but wouldn't mind him basking in the glory for '127 days' its worth every bit of it.

A R Rahman's music was good but nothing extra ordinary for sure.

Watch this movie to celebrate the undying fantastic human spirit we all have within us.Recommended for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment