Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Fighter - Excellent Film...its worth every bit of the Oscar Nomination

Boxing is definitely not my cup of tea so I was really procrastinating to get to watch this movie despite the fact that I have a special affiliation for both Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale and like Amy Adams quite a bit but somehow the boxing bit was holding me back even Hillary Swank's Million Dollar Baby' I hadn't seen it till much later and yes I did like it quite a bit and the same applies for 'The Fighter' and I would say I liked this one more much more and also I am in a spree these days to watch the Oscar nominated movies so I gathered courage today to watch this one and trust me no regrets :)

This is again based on true incident the hot favorite subject when it comes to Oscars they just love true incidents so do we when they are well adapted and well made and who does not like to see inspiring movies with a positive message .

'The Fighter' is based upon the true story about Boxer-Mickey Ward played by Mark Walhberg who is following in his brother Dicky played by Christian Bale's footsteps and is trying to make a name for himself as a boxer. Dicky has been giving Mickey advice and helping Mickey train for as long as they can both remember while their mother Alice played by Melisa Leo has been acting as his manager right from day one.

Some old bad habits of Dicky puts him in jail just before the appearance of Micky's new girl in life Charlene played by the adorable Amy Adams and somewhere Charlene and Micky becomes a team and gets a new management team to train Micky as Dicky is stuck in jail and Micky's family resists the same vehemently which includes mom and his sisters and seven sisters to be precise well they are a big family indeed.

So there is this huge emotional tussle between Micky's girlfriend who is now his wife and his mom and family but all is well that ends well yes of course Micky emerges as the winner beating the shit out of his opponents and yes gets ultimately trained by his dear brother Dicky.Blood is thicker than water for sure here :)

Coming to performances I think every character here is real to the core and everyone has done a brilliant job be it Mark Wahlberg,Christian Bale,Melisa Leo or Amy Adams,I am actually quite surprised that Mark Wahlberg did not get any nomination at the Oscars he deserved one for sure.

This film is worth a watch for sure for its fantastic direction and brilliant performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment