Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Passage To India - A Masterpiece from the Master himself - David Lean

Based on the novel of the same name by E.M.Forster.Coming from the maker of 'Dr.Zhivago','Lawrence Of Arabia' this surely is no lesser than a masterpiece of sorts.
Had heard about this movie quite a bit and have been wanting to see this movie for a really long time now and I am really glad I saw the same today for everything there is a time I guess :)
This is a beautiful movie with a heart wrenching storyline and India has been shot beautifully specially the essence of the Raj Days has been depicted extremely well and very very authentic at that.
Its about self discovery and India is known as the destination for that well the tries to portray that for sure but not sure realistically how far that holds true but I am sure it does for many thus the story I guess.
The film explores the themes of repression, illusion, racism, tolerance, forgiveness, self-discovery and justice all piled up into an unforgettable symbolically and visually breathtaking masterpiece.
Performance wise I would every artist here has done a commendable job


I strong recommend this film to all you movie watchers out there,this one is an absolute masterpiece from the Master himself and an absolute must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment