Saturday, February 8, 2014

Philomena - Heartbreaking..excellent one

One of the best movies of Judi Dench,must say she completely deserves her Oscar nomination. This is what I love about Hollywood they come up with such interesting thought provoking movies catering to every age group. Well all the people who argue with me I am yet to watch a movie from Bollywood where the main female lead is 70 plus and seeing the current trend I doubt it will ever happen.. Week after week Bollywood comes up with trashy movies then one 'the lunchbox' happens but no way does it have as many footfalls like 'Chennai Express' etc..anyways I am glad I have reduced watching Hindi movie specially of today's times. Coming back to the story of this movie its a poignant tale of a woman's search for her son, who was taken away from her as she was in a convent and child outside wedlock in a convent is absolutely not happening. The movie is heartbreaking yet a piece of sheer brilliance with some amazing performances from both Judi Dench and Steve Coogan. A search till it reaches its goal will always remain unaccomplished and whatever the consequences be there always lies an answer Another awesome movie which I am not sure will see the release in India ..don't bother grab the DVD at the earliest Recommended :)

No comments:

Post a Comment