Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Reluctant Fundamentalist - Good cinema worth a watch

Based on the novel by Mohsin Ahmed this one is much deeper than just another 9/11 story ,I have not read the book but can vouch for this movie being quite good for sure. If only all of us a were a bit more tolerant, a non racist this world would have been a much better place for sure but we are not so the world will remain to be in a mess unfortunately and all the more as it is run by us the so called humans. I was constantly thinking what would I do if was in the place of the character-Changez.. The scene where he(Changez- Riz Ahmed ) breaks down in his apartment due loss of job and his love is among one of the best. Riz Ahmed as the main lead has done a fantastic job I last saw him in a movie called 'Trishna' and he was just about ok in that but in this one he is outstanding. Rest of the cast were great too be it Om Puri,Shabana Azmi,Kate Hudson,Liev Schreiber,Kiefer Sutherland. I have always liked Mira Nair's be it 'The Namesake','Monsoon Wedding','Salaam Bombay' so was looking forward to this one and not a tad bit disappointed rather liked it very much. When I was booking the movie tickets for this weekend and happen to book this one for the last I did wonder will I be ending this weekend with a sad one but no I was wrong this one was the best and ended with a ray of hope as well Recommended for sure ..don't miss a good cinema .

No comments:

Post a Comment